An Orthopedist will care of your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and nerves. Everything related to the musculoskeletal system can be checked up and treated by orthopedic experts. These doctors:
- Perform checkups, diagnoses, and treatment for physical activity or sports-caused injuries in the body, especially with bones and joints
- Provide help with managing certain conditions that might get worse with time, including arthritis or osteoporosis, which iswhen joints weaken
- Direct people with certain physical jobs to avoid fatigue cause by overuse of certain muscles or joints
- Help manage all persistent pains in the body for any limbs, joints, bones, and other body parts by suggesting exercises and other treatments
What Parts Of The Body?
- Hands, wrists, fingers
- Shoulders, elbows, arms
- Foot and ankle
- Neck, back, spine
- Hips and legs.
Visiting a health clinic in the Bronx frequently or at periodic intervals should be a must for everyone. Regular family doctor appointments, internal medicine checkups, and other regular checks ensure you always stay at maximum health levels.
Sports or physical activitycaused injuries should always be checked up at orthopedic clinics, withmany types of athletes developing issues.
Beyond sports injuries, an orthopedist will also treat other problems and concerns including:
- Mild to severe back pain
- Fractures or broken bones with severe pains
- Torn ligaments and muscles in any part of the body
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Work injuries including conditions caused by heavy lifting
- Bone tumors
- Osteoporosis or other age-linked conditions
Orthopedic Doctors Don’t Always Perform Surgeries
Other forms of treatment and medication can also be prescribed. These include:
- Proper rest and recovery
- Rehab or physical therapy
- Medications and injections
- Suggested changes in lifestyle for people in need of pain relief
Call Westchester Medical Healthcare at (347) 851-6633 for any questions or to book an appointment.