It’s the holiday season, which means it is essential to ensure that your children are safe and healthy while they’re out of school. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there’s an increased need to keep kids indoors during this time. However, staying indoors can be a huge challenge because children are full of energy just bursting to come out.
Fortunately, there are a lot of indoor activities that will help keep kids engaged and having fun while also giving you the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your kids are as safe as they can be during the holiday season. The best part is that a lot of these acts require very little or no cost at all!
- Homemade Ornaments: One of the best things about Christmas is decorating the tree with ornaments of different colors, shapes, and sizes. Making homemade ornaments is one fun activity that can keep kids occupied and happy this holiday season.
- Gingerbread House Party: Making Gingerbread people and houses is a unique Christmas tradition in the United States; why not turn this into a fun activity for the kids? The little ones can be made to engage in fun, healthy competition to see who creates the best gingerbread house.
- Baking cookies: One major event kids look forward to during the holiday season in the United States is baking cookies. There are lots of different recipes to choose from and engaging kids in the cookie making process in a fun holiday activity they’ll enjoy.
- Wreath making: Wreaths are popular decorations that are used to beautify our homes in preparation for the Christmas celebration. Wreaths are easy to make and can be done at home by the entire family. All that’s needed are pins and green leaves and you are set to go!
- Holiday-themed Charades: Charades are a fun activity for any event. Acting out different characters and situations is sure to bring a smile.
- Homemade board games: Unlock your creativity and let your children explore theirs by coming up with board games. You can use household items to make all the necessary pieces.
Don’t forget to ensure that your kids are safe from germs by washing their hands thoroughly and using sanitizer frequently.